UNIVERSITY OF RAJASTHAN, JAIPUR
Masters Degree in Physical Education
|I Research Methods and Statistics
|II Professional Preparation and Curriculum in Physical Education
|III Scientific Principles of Training
|IV Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education Practical
Any four to be selected:
|I Exercise and Sports Physiology
|II Management of Physical Education and Sports
|III Health Education
|IV Sports Medicine
|V Psychology of Physical Education and Sports
|VI Sports Sociology
Note:Total working days:120
Theory Classes:3 periods of 50 minutes of every working day.one period compulsory,one Match practice in the following games only (1.Athletics,2.Basketball, 3.Cricket 4.Football, 5.Hockey & 6.Voleyball)
- 50 Marks rom external examination sin M.P.E.(Previous)will consist lessons of 25 marks each.One lesson will be of candidate's choice and one lesson will be by lot out of following games:
- Distribution of 50 marks for Internal Examinations will be as follow:
Practical for Masters Degree in Physical Educations:Final Year
- 50 Marks in external examinations in one specilization lesson.
- 50 Marks in the Internal Examination.
Note:In place of word 'Thesis' 'Dissertation' of 100 marks to be awarded by the external examiners as per the University rules,will be given.No viva-Voce will be held.
Meaning of Research,Need and Importance and its scope in Physical Education.Types of Research,Survey of Related Literature-Need for Library Search,Library Soures,Preparation of Bibliography and Abstracts.Formulation and Development of Research Problem:Location of Research Problem,-Criterion in Selecting the Research Problem,Formulation of Hypothesis.
Historical Research:Scope of Historical Research in Physical Education,Historical evidence.Validity of historical data.Survey Studies:Place of survey Research in Physical Education.Tools of survey Research;Questionnaire and Interviews.Case studies:Definition of Case studies.Importance of case studies.Characteristics of Case studies.Data collection in case studies.Experimental Research:Meaning,Scope and nature,Control of Experimental factors,Experimental Designs.Philosophical Research:Brief Introduction.
What is Statistics?Its definition and use in Physical Education and sports Research.Normal Curve:Definition and principle of normal curve,relation between binomial and normal curve,properties of normal curve,skewness,Kurtosis,standard scales:Percentilea Z,T,6o
Statistical Inference:Reliability limits,factors affecting reliability t.F. and Z Statistics,Null hypothesis,Type I and II errors,One tail and two tailed tests.Sampling:Sample and stratified random sampling,standard error,coefficient ofvariation and stampling error.
Analysis of Variance:
- One way analysis of variance,with equal and unequal sample sizes,LSD and Scheffcs Test.Introduction to Computor Analysis.
- Research proposal and preparation of research report.
- Best,Johwn.W.:Research in Education.New Delhi:Prentice Hall of India (P) Ltd.,1963.
- Campbell,Willam,G.:Form and Style in Thesis Writing,Borston:Houghten Meffin Company,1954.
- Clarke David H.and Clake H. Harrison:Research Process in Physical Education.Recreation and Health.Englewood Cliffs,N.J.Prentice Hall Inc.1979.
- Good,V.Carter and Scates,Dauglas E.:Methods of Research.Appleton-Century-Crofts:New York,1954.
- Mouly,George J,:The Science of Educational Research.New Delhi Eurasia Publishing House (P) 1963.
- Robson M.Brar T.S.and Uppal A.K.:These Format,Gwalior:LNCPE,1979.
- Blommers Paul and Lindquist,E.F.:Statistical Methods in Psychology and Education,Calcutta:Oxford Book Co.,1959.
- Garret,Harry E.and Goodworth R.S.:Statistics in Psychologyand Dolucation,Bombay:Allied Paciffic Private Ltd.1958.
- Guilford,J.P.:Fundamental Statistics in Psychology Education,New York:Mcgraw Hill Book Co.Inc.1956.
- Steel,Robbert G.D.and Torrie,James A.:Principles and Procedures of Statistics.New York:Gram Hill Book Co.
- Foundation of Professional Preparation:
- Ideals of Indian Democracy-Contribution of Physical Education.
- Forces and Factors affecting educational policies and programmes Social,Religious,Economic,Education.
- Education and Professional Preparational in Phsical Education.
- Role of the Central government in Education and Professional Preparation.
- Professional Association.
- Professional Preparation in Physical Education.
- Historical Review of Professional Preparation in India.
- Comparative study of Professional.
Preparation in Physical Education in India with those of U.S.A. Russia and U.K.
- Undergraduate Preparation of Professional Personnel Areas of Health Education,Physical Education and Recreation-Purpose of Undergraduate Preparation.Admissions,Curriculum-Laboratory experiences,Field Experiences,Teaching Practice,Professional Competencies to be developed-facilities and special resources for library.
- Post-graduate preparation of professional personnel,Purpose of post-graduate studies.Admission requirements,Sports specialisation and concentration on Core Areas,Research requirements,Methods of Instruction.
- Importance of Curriculum Development,Factors affecting curriculum,changing needs of students,National and professional policies.
- The role of the teacher in curriculum Development.
- Principles of planning-Understanding the capacity,characteristics and needs of the learner,Evaluation and follow-up.
Selecting material for instruction-Classification of activities in Physical Education,the ourcome of each class of activity,suitability of activities for different age grops and sexes,Progress in curriculum cultural influence in the choice of activities flexibility of programme material.
- Selecting methods of teaching-grouping of students for instruction,Lectures,projects activities,demonstruction,block of period,total time allotment for a given activity,teaching aids,conditioning special gadgets to concentrate on development of particular skills,being up pre-requistities for learning a given skill or activity,provision for individual differences.
- Development Programme for different levels of education kindergarden,elementary school,middle school,10 plus 2 school,College and University,special institution(technical school,orphan hostel)special days,national days etc.
- Relationship of Physical Education to allied areas.Health Education,Recreation,Outdoor activities,inter-school tournaments.
- Co-education in Physical Education-Integrating the programmes for boys and girls,activities suitable for co-education needs,level at which co-education is desirable,special provision for development of girls programme.
- Committee recommendation-NCERT.CBSE.UGC recommendations on curriculum for school and college curriculum followed in colleges of physical education-C.P.Ed. B.P.E.Diploma in Physical Education M.P.E. and M.Phil.
- Pape.A Laurence.Means.E.Louis:A Professional Carred in Physical Education.(Englewood Cliffs,N.J.:Prentice Hall Inc.1963).
- Jansen.R.Clayne,:Administrative Management of Physical Education and Athletic Programme (Philadelphia:Lea and Fibiger,1983).
- Snyder and Scott:Professional Preparation in Health,Physical Education and Recreation (Commections.Greewood Press,Westpote 1971).
- Bucher C.A.:Foundations of Physical Educations (saint Louis:The C.V.Mosby Company,1975)Edit.7.
- Agarwal J.C.:Education Administration School Organisation and Supervision (New Delhi:Agra Book Depot.,1967).
- Gattu,J.Rryant:Carrer Potential Physical Activity(New Jersey:Englewood Cliffs,Prentice Hall Inc.1971).
- Willgoose,E.Carl:The Curriculum in Physicial Education (New Jersey:Englewood Cliffs,Prentice Hall Inc.1979)Ed.3
- Irwin,W.Lestia:"Curriculum in Health and Physical Education" (St.Louis:the C.V.Mosby Company,1984).
- Definition of terms-conditioning,training and coaching.
- Aim,Tasks and Characteristics of Sports Training.
- Principles of Sports Training.
- Important Features of Training Load-Intensity,Density,Duration and Frequency.
- Principles of Training Load.
- Adaptation Process and condition of Adaptation.
- Overload-Causes and Symptoms-Tacking of overload.
- Strength-forms of strength,Characterisitcs of strength,Principles of Strength training.means and methods strength training for children and women.
- Form of endurance,characteristics of endurance,endurance training means and methods.
- Speed:Forms of speed,characteristics of speed,be is of speed training means and methods.
- Flexibility-Forms of flexibility,characteristics of flexibility,basis of flexibility methods of development of flexibility.
- Co-ordinative Abilities-Characteristics of Coordinative Abilities,importance of coordinative abilities,classification of coordinative abilities,training methods.
(ii)Training for motor Components for children and women.
- Definition of skill,Technique and Technical Training.
- Characteristics of Technique
- Phases of Skill acquisition
- Methods of Technique Training
- Causes and correction of faults
- Definition of tactics and strategy
- Basic Tactical Concepts-Offensive,Definsive and High Performance.
- Methods of Tactical Training
- Control of Tactical Knowledge
- Planning and organisation of training:
- Importance of Planning
- Principles of Planning
- System of Planning
- Periodisation and its types
- Contents for various periods of training
- Competition Planning and Preparation:
Evaluation of Training:
- Importance of Competitions
- Competition Frequency
- Main and Build-up competitions
- Direct preparation for an important competition.
- Items to be included in evaluation programme.
- Uses of Graphs and principles of graphical representation
- Forms of diagrams used for evaluation checking progress
- Rules governing performance checks and motor tests
- Haris,Dietrich:Principles of Sports Training (Berlin:Sportuelag,1982).
- Dick W.Frank:Sports Training Principles (London:Lepus Books,1980).
- Jensea,R.Clayne and Fisher A.G.:Scientific Basic of Athletic Conditioning
(Philadelphia:Lea an Febiger 1979,Second Edition).
- Matveyew,L.P.:Fundmentals of Sports Training (Moscow:Progress Publishers,1981) (Translationfrom Russian).
- Cratty,J.Bryant:Perceptual and Motor Development in Infants and Children (N.J.:Englewood Cliffs,Prentice Hall Inc.1979).
- Singh,R.:Sports Training General Theory and Methods (Patiala:NISNIS,1984).
Paper IV:Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education
Meaning of Evaluation,nature and scope of evaluation programme,need and importance of evaluation in the field of Physical Education,Principles of Evaluation.
Selection and construction of Tests:
- Criteria of Test selection-scientific Authenticity,(Reliability,Validity,objectivity,norms) Administrative Feasibility and Educational application.Classification of Tests-Standardised and teacher made tests (objective and subjective tests.)
- Construction of Texts-Knowledge tests (written tests)and skill tests.
- Suggestions for administering tests.Medical ExaminationTesting personnel,Time and testing,Economy of testing,Test records,Preparation of reports,Construction of table groups,Purpose of reporting,Justification of particular phases of the programme worth of a change in methodology.
Measurement of organic Functions,Motor Fitness and General Motor Ability.
- Organic functions-Cardiovascular respiratory function,Cooper's 12 minutes Continuous Run/Walk Text.Tuttle Pulse ratio tests.Harward step test and its modifications (High School and college level-men and women)Hyman's Cordio-pulmonary Index(CPI).
- Motor Fitness:Oregon Motor Fitness test,JCR T,Canadian Fitness Test.AAHPER Youth Fitness Test.Indiana Motor Fitness test.
- General Motor Ability:Mc-Cloy's General Motor Ability Test Methany-Johnson Test.
Tests for Strength and Skill strength:Roger's Physical Fitness Index and Suggested changes in the P.F.I.Test.
Skill:Volleyball-Brady test,Russel and Lange test Basketball-johnson test,Knox test.Soccer-Mc Donald Test,Johnson Test.Field Hockey-Harbans Singh Field Hockey Test.Badminton-Miller Volley Test Lockart Mopherson Test.Tennis-Broer Miller test,Dyer tennis test.
Measures of Posture,Anthropometry Social Efficiency an Psychological Factors.
- Measure of Posture-IOWA Posture Test.(Cureton's)
- anthropometric Measurements-
- Girth Measurements-Upper arm,forearm,Calf,Chest.
- Width Measurements Biacromial chest illiocrestal,Bicondylar (Femur and Humerus).
- Height Measurement-Stature and sitting height.
- Somatotypes-Sheldon's technique-an introduction.
- Socio-metric techniques Introduction.
- Psychological factors:
Anxiety Scale-Speil-berger's Competitive State-Anxiety Scales.
- Eysenck Personality Inventory (H.J.Eysenck and Sybil B.G.Eysenck)
Any Four to be selected:
- Larson,L.A.and Yown,R.D.:Measurement and Evaluation in Physical,Health and Recreation Education(St.Lous.C.V.Mosby Co.1957).
- Mathew,Donald K.:Measurement in Physical Education (London:W.B.Saunders Co.1973)Edn.5
- Clarke,H.David and Clarke Harison,H.:Application of Measurement Physical Education (Englewood Cliffs.,Prentice Hall,Inc.1987).Edn.6
- Hubbard W.Affred:(Ed.):Research Method in Health Physical Education and Recreation.3rd Revised Edn. (Washington:D.C.America Association of Health Physical Education and Recreation,1979).
- Larson,L.A.:Encylopaedia of Sports Sciences and Medicine (New York Macmilan Co.1971).
- Bosco S.James and Gustafson F.William:M easurement and Evaluation in Physical Education,Fitness and Sports (New Jersey: Englewood Cliffs,Prentice Hall,1983).
- Philips D.Alen and Honark E.James:Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education (New York:John Wileyand Sons,1978).
- Barrow M.Harold and Meghee,Rosemary:A Practical Approach to Measurement in Physical Education. (Philadelphia:Lea and Fibiger,1979)Eds.3rd.
- Johnson L.Barryand Netson K.Jack:Practical Measurement for Evaluation in Physical Education Ist Indian Repirnt,(Delhi,Surjeet Publication,1982)Edn.3rd.
- Sodhi,H.S.:Sports Anthropometry (A Kinantropometric Approach ANOVA Publication,1991).
A-Introduction:Definition of Physiology and Exercise Physiology,Importance and Role of Exercise Physiology in the field of physical Education and Sports.
B-Muscle:structure and Function:A comparative study of different types of muscles (Voluntary,Involuntary and Cardiac),Chemical Compositic of skeletal muscle,muscle fibre type (Red and White muscle).
A Bioenergetics:Fuel for muscular work,(ATP),energy of muscular contraction and contractile and biochemical changes during muscular contaction Heal production and thermodynamics of muscle contraction,Acrobic and anacrobio muscular activity.
B-Neuro muscular jucntion and Coordination of Muscular activity:Neuro and Motor unit transmission of nerve impulse,bio-electric pontentials,neuro-muscular junction and transmission of nerve impulse,across it.Propioception and Kinesthesis.Tone,posture and equilibrium.
A-Physiological changes due to Exercise:Immediate effect of exercise/work on various systems of body,Cardio-respiratory,muscular and thermo-regulatory Systems.Effect of Exercise and training on (i)heart and circulatory systems, (ii)Respiratory system (A) brief discussion on other system during rest,sub-maximal and maximal work.Oxygen debt.,forced expiratory volume,Breathing capacity.Recovery rate Blood Supply to Skeletal muscle and regulation of blood flow during exercise.
B-Other Physiological aspects of Exercise and Sports:Concept of Physical Fitness and Physical training warming-up,conditioning and fatigue,Physiological aspects of development of strength,endurance,skill,speed,agility and co-ordination.
A-Basic concept of abalanced diet.Appropriate diet before,during and after athletic performance and the effect of alcohol,druges and smoking on athletic performance.
B-Energy cost of various sports activity:Definition of Energy cost,Energy cost of various sports activity and various direct/indirect methods of assessing them.
A-Work and Environment.Obesity and Weight Control.Work Capacity under different environmental condition:Hot,humid,cold and high altitude,Definition of Obesity,measurement of body fat by various methods (under water weight and skinfold measurement)Body weight control,Positive and Negative energy balance.
- Guyto,Arthur C.:Test Book of Medical Physiology (Philadelphia:W.B.Saunder Company,1976).
- Morehouse,L.E.and Miller,A.T.:Physiology of Exercise (Saint Louis:The C.V. Mosby Company,1976)7th Edition.
- Karpovich,P.V.and Sinning.Wayne E.:Physiology of Mascular Activity (Philadelphia:W.B. Saunders Company,1971)7th Ed.
- Bourne, Geoffery H.:The Structure and Function of Muscles London:Academic Press,1972.
- Astrand,P.O.and Rodahl,Karre:Test Book of Work Physiology Tokyo:Mcgraw-Hill Kogakusha Ltd.,1970)
- Mathew, D.K. and Fox E.L.,Physiological Basis of Physical Education and Athletics.(Philadelphia:W.B.Saunders Company,1976).
Paper-II:Management of Physical Education and Sports
Concept of Management,Philosophical and historical background and status,Terminology in modern Management,Applicable models of management,Competency based approaches and implementation in sports and Physical Education.
Management of Sports in-Schools,College and Universities:Inter-University,District,State and National Level,Indian and International Olympic Associations,Sports Authority of India.
Management of Physical Education Programmes.
- Progressive concepts of Management/Administration Personnel and material management,Programming for instruction and activities.
- Hierarchy of education administration in Central,State and Local authorities and individual institutions in India.
- Responsibility of-General Administrator,Technical Expert,Educational Administrator,Professional Educator and Specialist.
- Training of Administration-Liberal Education,Group Dynamics,Subject Specialisation.
- Supervision Leadership:
- Responsibilities for Leadership-Inspection of Physical Education Specialists.
- Training of Supervision of Physical Education.
- Personal traits of the Supervisors
- Relationship of the Supervision to
- Administrative Offers
- Functions of the Supervision:Duties pertaining to- Administration,Facilities and Equipment,Instruction Special Services,Supervision and Professional Growth.
- Evaluation of Supervision:Methods,Meaning and Need for evaluation Criteria of Evaluation,Follow-up.
- Changed process for the future-Theory and technique,Systems approach,marketing and sponsorship approach for competitive sports.Successful management in future.
- Selected problems in Management/Administration.Professional Preparation,Professional ethics class descipline and student teaching.
- Mass movement for health consciousness in the society.
- Earle F.Zeigler & Gary W.Bowie:Management Competency Development in Sports and (Physical Education.9 Philadelphia:W.Lea and Febiger,1993).
- Joseph Bucher and Earnest Koenigeberg:Scientific Investory Management (New Delhi:Prentice Hall of India Pvt.Ltd.1968).
- Ashton D.:Administration of Physical Education for Women (New York:The Ronald Press C.1968)
- Bucher C.A.:Administration of Physical Education and Athletic Programme (St.Louis:The C.V.Mosby Co.,1979)7th Ed.
- Daughtrey G.and Woods J.B.:Physical Education and Inframural/Programmes:Organisation and Administration Philadelphia U.S.A. :W.B. Saunders Co.,1976.11th Ed.
- Fersythe G.E.and Duncan R.C.:Administration of Physical Education (New York:Prentice Hall Inc.1951).
Paper III:Health Education
- History of Health in India.concept and various levels of Health Care of India.Medical care in rural and unban areas.Primary Health Centre Concept.Three tier system of Health Care,Health for all by 2000 A.D.:Latest trends in Health Education.
- Health Education:Its contents and aims.Use of Audio-visual aids,methods of individual,group,mass approaches of Health Education.
- Inter-relationship between different components of Health and Spiritual Health.Role and responsibility of individual,community,state and specturm of Health.Role of Heredity and Genetics in achieving positive health.
- Nutrition:Proximate principles and their imbalance.Brief description of nutrients in various Food stuffs and trace elements.Milk and foods borne disease.
School Health services and school Health Programme in relation to the following:
Community and Environmental Sanitation:
- Role of Physical Education Teacher,Principal,Class Teacher, Doctor.
-Common childhood diseases and their control.
-First aid,accident & prevention.
-Mental health,dental health.eye troubles.
-Food for children at Primary,Middle and Secondary level
-School Health administration and maintenance of records.Preparation of Health Card.
- Healthful school living under fine clinics and road to health.
Water Impurities in water,purifleation of water and water borne
-diseases with reference to worm infestations and Amoebiasis Defection of Chlorine in water.
Ideal well and its maintennace Chlorianation of water at camp side.
-Air pollution and its effects on health Occupational diseases.
-Housing and its problems and health aspects.
-Light,noise,temperature and radiation,their effects on health.
-Natural history of communicable disease.Leavels of Prevention:Brief description of following communicable disease and their prevention:
-Scabies and common skin infections.
-Chicken pox,mumps and Measles.
-Malaria and filaria.
-Rables (Hydrophobia and animal bite).
-Sexullay transmitted diseases and Aids.
v. Non communicable diseases and Evils of community:Brief descripton of important non-communicable diseases:Population policy,pollution dynamics,population explosion,national family welfare programme,need of sex education Alcoholism,Drugs habituation-dependence and addition.Their prevention and control.
- Park,J.E.,Park K.:Text Book of Preventive and Social Medicine.(Jabalpur:Message Banarasidas Bhanot,1980),Edn.2.
- Turner.C.E.:The School Health and Health Education.(St.Louis:The C.V.Mosby Co.1952),Edn.2.
- Bedi:Yaspal,Social and Preventive Medicine (Delhi:Atma Ram and Sons.1983)Edn.14.
- ghosh,B.N.:A Treaties of Hygiene and Public Health. (Calcutta:Scientific Publishing Co.).Edn.15.
- Hamlon,J.John.:Principles of Public Health Administration.(St.Louis:C.V.Mosby Co.,1969),Edn.5.
- Bucher,A.Charles:Administration of Health and Physical Education and Programme.(St.Louis:The C.V.Mosby Co.1979).End.6.
- Turner,C.E.:Personal and Community Health,(St.Louis:The C.V.Mosby C.,1972),Edn.14.
Concept of sports medicine,its aim and objects.Need and scope of Sports Medicine in Physical Education.Role of Sports Physician,Physical Educator/Athletic Trainer Coach and the player in Sports Medicine.Team Medical care.History of Sports Medicine in India and abroad.
Sports Medicine Problems:Low back problems and managaement streetching and strengthening exercise for back problems,Mal-nutrition and management.Concept of Health Club,Sauna-bath and massage,their use and misuse.Sex problems in athletics.Difference between the two sexes.Advantages and disadvantages of exercises before and after pregnancy.Common old age problems of athletics and rehabilitation.
Therapeutic Modasities and Procedure of Individual Modasities Hydroeollateral packs (Hot and Cold)Hydrotheraphy (whirlpool) Diathermy,Ultrasound,Electrical Miscle Stimulation,Combination of ultrasound and Electrical Muscle stimulation,Crytotherapy and compression,Cryokinetics,cold spray.contrast bath paraffin bath Infra red and ultra violet rays,diapulse and laser therapy.
General and Regional Injuries and their Immediate Management (Brief Description):Viscaral,solt tissue and musculo-skeletal injuries Tissue response to injuries Inflammation macro and microtramma and stress related injuries.Injuries of head and face.Shoulder arm and elbow joints Specific injuries to the neck,trunk,abdominal region.Thigh and knee,lower leg.ankle and foot.Important over-use problems and their management.
Specific game injuries,dopes and athletic nutrition brief account of injuries;Football,Hockey,Track and Field,Swimming,Wrestling,judo,Weight Lifting and Training,Tennis,boxing,Gymnastics and Basketball.
Dope:History,definition,Classification,signs and symptoms.Procedure and sampling at National and International levels.Use and abuses of drugs.
Net Protein Unilization:Planning & Justification of athletic diets for different categories of sports as per recommendations of National Sports Medical Advisory Body-Role of water for Indian athletics.
M.P.E. FINAL PRACTICAL:Sports Medicine
- Visit to sauna Bath and its demonstration.
- Demonstration and practices and measure and its different techniques.
- Practical Demonstration and use of Therapeutic modalities and use of individual.
- Modalitics available as Sports Medicine Compies at L.N.C.P.E, Gwalior.
- Demonstration for assessing following Sports Medicine Problems.
- Shin splint
- Tennis ethow and related problem
- Back pain
- Joint injury evaluation.
- Skeletal and angulance differences between male and female.
- Ray,Stevan and Irvin Richard:Sports Medicine, (New Jersey:Englewood Cliffs,Prentice Hall,1983).
- Armstrong and Tuckar:Injuries in Sports (London:Staples Press,1964).
- William J.G.P.:Sports Medicine, (London:Edward Arnold Publishers).
- Pande P.K. and Gupta L.C.:Outline of Sports Medicine-(New Delhi:Jaypee Brothers,1987).
- Pande P.K.Kaew How Sports Medicine (Jalandhar:A.P.Publisher,1989).
Paper-V: Psychology of Physical Education & Sports
Meaning nature and scope of sport,psychology,development of sport psychology,relationship of sport psychology with other sports sciences.Importance of Sports Psychology to physical Education and Coaches.
Cognitive process in physical activities:Meaning of cognition.characteristics of cognitive process in sports,Role of sensation and perception,thinking,imagination and memory in physical activities.Mental activity of athletics,mental activity and sports related goals.Meaning of attention,Dimensions of attention,strategies to develop attention.
motor learning:meaning of motor learning factors affection motor learning motor development in various periods of childhood and adolesence.
Pshychological aspects of action regulation:Meaning of action regulation,Importance,Psychological characteristics of physical-activities,structure of action programme,action programme in different games and sports.
Personality:Meaning of Personality,personality traits of sports person,relationship of personality to sport performance personality differences among various sports.
Motivation:Meaning of motive,need,drive,role of motives,attitutes and interest in physical activities.Meaning of motivation,techniques of motivation,type of motivation,relationship between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation.
E-Motions:Meaning and types of emotion,indulence of emotions (Success and failure)on level of aspiration and achievement.Anxiety,fear,frustration,conflict and its effect on sports performance.
Psychological aspects of Competition:Defining competition,determinats of competitive behaviour,psychological characteristics of Precompetition,competition and post competition,selected psycho-regulative techniques for relaxation and activition.Psychological aspects of long term and short term perparation for.Competition;Psychological care of injuried sports person Typical responses to injures,prevention and coping techniques.
Sociological Facilitation:Presence of others coaction effect and andience effect in soprts.Factors mediating social facilitations. Methods of Investigation in Sports Psychology:Various methods used in sports Psychology.
- Alderman.R.B.:Psychological Behaviour in Sports-(Philadelphia:London,Saunders Company.1974).
- Bust Susan Doreas:Pshychology of sports (Network:Van Nostrand Reinhold company).Edn.2.
- Cratty Bryant,J.:Movement Behaviour and Motor Learning (Philadelphia Lea and Febiger,1973),Edn.3.
- Cratty Bryant J.:Psychology and Physical Activity (New Jercey Englewood Cliffs,Prentice Hall Inc.1965).
- Cratty Bryant J.:Psychological Preparation and Athletic Excellence (New York:Movement Publication Inc.1978).
- Gold Stein and Joffery H.(ed).:Sport Games and Play Social and Psychological View Points (Lewernce Erihanm Association,Publishers R.J.1979).
- Kamlesh M.L.:Psychology of Physical Education and Sports (New Delhi Motropolitan Book Co. Pvt. Ltd.1983).
- Kane J.:Pshchological Aspect of Physical Education and Sports.(London,boston:Routiledge and Kegan Paul,1972).
- Liewallyor jac H.and Blucker Judy A:Psychology of Coaching Theory and Application (Delhi:surjeet Publication 1982).
- Martens Rainer:Social Psychology and Physical activity (New York:Harper and Row Publishers,1975).
- Robert Glyn C.:Learning Experiences in Sports psychology (IIIionois:Human Kinetlic Publishers Inc.1986).
- Martens Raine:Coaching Guide to Sports Psychology (IIIionois:Human Kinetic Publisers Inc.,1987).
- Linda K.Binker,Robert J.Ratella and Ann S.Really:Sports Psychology Psychological Consideration in maximizing sports Performance (C.Brown Publisher Dubgae Jows).
- Gill Dianel:Psychological Dynamics of Sports (IIIionois:Human Kinetic Publisher,1986).
Paper VI:Sports Sociology
Unit-II:Sports and Macro Social Systems:
- Nature,Scope and Methods of Sport Sociology.
- Sports as a social phenomenon.
- Sociological analysis of sport and sport sociology as an academic discipline.
- social factor (appearance,sociality,aspiration level and audience) inference on participation and performance in sports.
Unit-III:Sports and Macrosocial Systems:
- Study of sports groups.
- Group interaction.competition and co-operation.
- Behaviour characteristics,qualities and role of sports leaders.
- Sports and Cultures.
Unit-IV:Sports and Culture:
- Relationship between sports and socialising institutions (family,school and educational systems).
- Inter-relationship between and regulating institutions (Politics and economy).
- Sports and cultural institutions (religion and arts)
- socialization via games and sports.
Unit-V:Social Games Concerning Sports in Society:
- Sports as a social institution.
- Sports an element of culture and a cultural product.
- Manipulative socialization and concerned conformity.
- Relationship between sports and culture.
- Social stratification in sports,sports as a stratification system.
- Discrimination and democratization is sports with special reference to socio-economic classes and women.
- Sports and aggression,Violence in sports.
- Problem regarding professionalisation and children in sports.
- Loy,John W.,Kenyon,Gerald,S.and Mcpherson,Barry D.:Sports Culture and Society (Philadelphia:Lea & Febiger,1981).
- Ball,donald W.and Loy John W.:Sports and Social Order:Contribution to the sociology of sport (London Addision Wesley Publishing Co.,Inc.1975).
- Loy John W.Mcpherson,Barry D.,and Kenyon Gerald:sports and Social system (London:addision Wesley Publishing Company Inc.1978).
- Edward,Larry:sociology of Sports (IIIionois,The Dorsey Press,1973).
- Chatty,Bryant J.:Social Dimensions of Physical activity New Jersey:Englewood Cliffs,Prentice Hall Inc.,1967).
Introduction:Meaning of Biomechanics,Biomechanics in Physical Education,Sports and Research Fundamental skills-Basic and/of Sports.
Movement Analysis-Kinesiological Analysis.Mechanical Analysis and Bio-mechanical Analysis.
Understanding and principles of Application Derived from the following:
Linear,Angular and General Motion:Distance and Displacement (Linear and Angular). Speed and Velocity (Linear and Angular) Acclaration (Linear and Angular Uniform Motion).
Units of these,Relationship of Linear and Angular motion,Centrifugal and Centripetal.Forces Newtons Laws of motion as applicable to Linear and Angular Motion.
Force:Meaning,units of force,Effects of Force,Sources of Force,Components and Resultant,Friction Pressure. Work,Power and Energy,Movement of Force,Movement of Inertia.Leavers.
Freely falling bodies,projectiles,moventum and Impulse.Stability (Static and Dynamic).Initiating Rotation in the air.Spin,Impact and Elasticity.Fuild Mechanics,Air Resistance and Water resistance.
Analysis of Fundamental Skills:Walking,Running,Throwing,Lifting,Pulling,Pushing,Catching and Climbing.
Analysis of sports skills of the following:Athletics,Gymnastics,Swimming,Football,Hockey,Basketball and Cricket.
- Bunn,John W.:Scientific Principle of Coaching (Englewood Cliffs N.J.:Prentice Hall Inc.,1972).
- Simonian Charles:fundamentals of Sports Bio-mechanics (Englewood Cliffs,N.J.Prentice Hall,Inc.1981).
- Hay,James,G.:The Bio-mechanics of Sports Techniques Englewood Cliffs,N.J.:Prentice Hall,Inc.,1970).
- Broer,M.Rion R.and Zeraicke.R.Ronald F.:Efficiency of Human Movement (Philadelphia:W.E.Saunder Co.1979).
- Hay,James G.and Reid J.Gavind:the Antomical and Mechanical Basis of Human Motion (Englewood Cliffs Prentice Hall,Inc.1982).
- Hay,James G.and Reid J.Gavind:Anatomy,Mechanics and Human Motion,Englewood Cliffs,N.J.:Prentice Hall,Inc.,1988).