13. INVESTIGATIVE BIO-TECHNOLOGY
||Min. Pass Marks
Max. Marks : 40
BIO-CHEMISTRY AND SYSTEMIC BACTERIOLOGY
Systemic Bacteriology and other microbes
- Blood sugar and its regulation.
- Chemical examination of urine.
- Glucose tolerance test.
- Diabetes mellitus, Ketosis, Diabetic coma.
- Non-protein nitrogenous compounds.
- The Plasma Proteins and A.G. Ratio.
- Tests of Gastric Function. Occulat Blood.
- Test in Liver and Biliary Tract Disease.
- Tests in Pancreatic Disease, Steatorrhoea.
- Acid Base Regulation.
- Basal Metabolism Blood Oxygen.
- Regulation of pH in blood and body fulids.
- Vitamins and their tests.
- Chemical Examination of Cerebrospinal fluid.
- Milk Analysis.
- Stones (Urinary and Gallbladder).
- Faecal Pigments.
- Drugs and Poisons, Alcohol.
- Water management and its analysis.
- Classification of bacteria.
- Normal bacterial flora and its importance.
- Introduction and Laboratory methods of identification of :
- Anteric Gram Negative Rod
- Haemophilia's and Borde-tella
- Spirillum and Leptospira
- Ricetsial and Chalmydia
- Mycology : General characters of Fungi : Yeast like fungi and their diseases; Dermatophytoses.
- Virology : General characters and classification, Diagnostic methods, materials collected for virus isolation and preservation of material.
- Bacteriology of water, milk and food.
Max. Marks : 40
SEROLOGY AND GENERAL PATHOLOGY
- Antigens and antibodies.
- Complement and fixation test.
- Immune electrophoresis.
- Serology of Syphillis.
- Haem Agglutinated Haem Aggulution Inhibition.
- Skin Tests
- Introduction to pathology (Morbid Anatomy and Histology)
- Degeneration, Necrosis and gangarene and how to recognise them.
- Infection, Thrombosis and Embolism
- Neopiasia, Benign and Melignant tumors.
||(75 *3 periods)
||Max. Marks : 120
A. Haematology :
- Cholesterol, Triglycorides, H.D.L., L.D.L.
- Enzymes, S.G.O.T., S.G.P.T.,L.D.H.
- Alkaline and Acid phosphatase.
- F.T.M. Gastric analysis.
- Serum Electrolytes.
- Principle and application of spectrophotometer, Turbindimeter and chromatography.
B. Serology and Bacteriology :
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (E.S.R.) and Packed Cell volume (P.C.V.) and Total R.B.C. count.
- Red cell indices and their calculation.
- Staining of Reticulocyte and their counting.
- Total Eosinophil Count.
- Cyto chemical stains used in bone Marrow and P.B.f. for diagnosis.
- Blood Grouping and Rh typing and cross matching.
- Anti "D" Titresw in Maternal blood.
- Coomb's Test.
- Demonstrations of collection of Blood for transfusion.
C. Cytology and Histology :
- Cleaning and sterilisation.
- Widal Test.
- Brucella Aggultination.
- Alberts Stain and Neisser Stain.
- A.F.B. Stain
- Concentration method of A.F.B.
- Smears of Leprosy (Nasal Smear Slit Smear).
- Staining and examination of prepared smears of Pus, Sputum conjunctive etc. by Gram A.F.B. (R.N. Method)
- Demonstration of instruments for sterilization.
- Composition of common laboratory cultures media.
- Demonstration of some common types of growth of micro organism on different media.
- Prepration and staining for smears from cultures.
- Demonstration of special biochemical tests used in identification of organisism.
- Collection of uring for culture from females, males and children, taking of throats swabs/conjunctival swabs.
- Microscopy of urine and C.S.F.
- Semen examination for sperms count and motility.
- Demonstration of the paraffin embedding, sectioning for histopathology.
- Himotoxyline and eosine staining of paraffin section and taking and staining of smears for sex chromation.
- Making and fixing of smears from urine, sputum and Vaginal etc. for cytology.
- Staining of smears for exfoliative cytology.