DEPARTMENT OF ADULT AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY OF RAJASTHAN
In the present scenario when every one is running in the race to achieve some or the other thing in life. To accomplish these things and to have their identity in the society one has to go through a process which includes many aspects. One of the important aspect is education rather it could be said a very important aspect.
It doesn’t mean that education is just what we read in books, it could be said that it is the total frame out of an individual in a society which includes eradication of societal atrocities. To eradicate these things the Department of Adult and Continuing Education has taken a step by involving the youth.
Students indulge in different activities
The basic jest is to mobilise the youth towards these atrocities in the society by organising workshops/seminars and discussions through some interesting methodology like personality enhancement and life skill development programmes, theatre workshop, lectures, orientation programmes and seminars etc by the experts.
The aim of the department is to impart knowledge, awareness about different social issues and to stigmatise society towards feelings of stigma discrimination and denial. The department has organized various awareness programmes aimed at making people aware of various social psychological problems affecting their lives. The department has been instrumental in guiding people how to solve problems and make their lives better, through its programs like population control, AIDS control, child labour, safe motherhood, environmental protection etc.
Social Activities on commencement
The department has made efforts to solve burning problems of people belonging to different age groups, it has especially organized counselling programmes to answer the various enquires and guide youth regarding their career. Notably the department has also organised language teaching classes in slum, villages and government schools of Rajasthan. The students were highly motivated and appreciated the program.
Free clinical consultation programmes for communities have been arranged in order to make them aware of the health problems and their remedies. Workshops, discussions and seminars have been organised for creating awareness among senior citizens, youth and children. Some of them are:
- How to Improve Quality of Life
- Personality Enhancement and Life Skills Development
- Personality Enhancement
- Physical and Mental Health in Old Age
- Various aspects of life of Senior Citizens : Physical and Mental Health and Legal Problems and Solutions
- Awareness Program for AIDS and misuse of Plastics
- Personality Enhancement and Life Skills Development
- Ethics in daily life : A view from horizon
- Positive Contribution of Senior Citizens in Society
- Physical and Mental Well-Being
- Physical and Mental Problems in reference to Women
- Inculcation of Educational and Creative Skills in Children
- Personality Development with reference to Physical and Mental Aspects
- Discussion on Heart Disease and Financial Schemes
Further, the department has made efforts to educate people about environmental problems and their harmful effects by organizing various workshops, seminars, lectures on issues like environmental protection, tree plantation, misuse of plastics, promotion of cloth and jute bags, stitching, water conservation etc. Yoga and meditation workshops have been arranged for making people aware of their role in treating various common but threatening physical and mental disorders like depression, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, heart-trouble, insomnia, amnesia etc. The department has tried to free people from the scourge of fast food culture by organizing various useful programmes, lectures and workshops on balanced diet, yoga and meditation at various places with the help of eminent health and yoga experts.
Apart from this around twenty career counseling programs for students covering 70 percent districts of Rajasthan were conducted by the department. The department is also involved in research so that different issues could be analyzed scientifically and has authentic reasons behind it and steps could be taken to eradicate or sluggish down the process. Some of the research projects running currently by the department are:
- Construction and Psychometric Validation of Job Satisfaction Scale
- To study the relationship of Stress and Subjective well-being of Carpet Weavers
- Astro-Psychological Correlational Study of Technical Job Aspirants
- Role of Naturopathy, yoga and diet on stress, mental health and life satisfaction of different groups of patients: A pre and post study
- Emotional Intelligence and Psychological well-being of adolescent girls
- Psychometric Validation of Behavioral Style Scale
- Effect of Neurotoxicity of chlorpyrifos on Children
- The Relationship of T.V. Viewing and Aggression : An Exploratory Study
- Psychosocial factors related to HIV/AIDS
- Reproductive Health Status Among Adolescent Girls Residing in Slums
- Mental Health and Heart Rate Variability in Adolescents
- A study of Ecosensory Intelligence and Subjective Well-Being
- Bank Marketing Effectiveness in Adult Consumer in Rural Area: A Case Study Deoli Town
- Impact of Microbes on ATM Machine to the Community
Apart from this a Committee on Courses (COC) was formed and four courses were proposed by the faculty of Education and are in the process. They are as follows:
PG Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education:
- PG Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education
- Diploma in Guidance and Counseling
- Certificate Course in Functional English & Public Speaking
- Certificate Course in Soft Skills Development
The main objective of this course is to train students in the area of Adult Education and the importance of life long learning. To pertain Adult Education in researching and solve social and psychological problems in the community.
Diploma in Guidance and Counseling:
The basic idea is to train students in basics of counseling process which may enable them to select counseling as a profession
Certificate Course in Functional English & Public Speaking:
Certificate Course in Soft Skills Development
- To enable students to avoid the usual pitfalls in speech and writing.
- To enable students to speak fluently using appropriate expressions at various occasions.
- To enable students to acquire phonetic skills.
- To enable students to speak fluently at various occasions.
- To enable students to get rid of stage fear and become effective public speakers.
To appraise students with their own potentials and positive characteristics and help them to deal with their limitations by developing approach coping styles.
All these courses are under process.